Thursday, August 21, 2008

MASSLIVE.COM

Most people who have read the blog, have got to it courtesy of Masslive.com. Everytime I use something from their website, I cite who wrote and where it came from. Yesterday, I decided to submit a queston to the "Ask the Mayor" section. I had a simple one sentence question, "Why has the mayor flip-flopped on the trash fee issue?" To my surprise, I went to log in today and my account has been banned. Now if this man is really the "People's Mayor", he won't just field softball questions from "Kristen". He should take questions from the people who elected him to run our city. Or maybe the problem lies within the Masslive.com staff. They seem to post every racist, sexist, and ignorant comment but a legitimate question to the mayor gets my free account terminated. If someone from Masslive.com reads this, please email me back at the address I provided for you or the email address at the top of the page.

Also any suggestion about topics readers want to read and comment about are always welcome. I'm flexible....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been banned several times-- sometimes I figured out the reason, sometimes not.
reread the Users Agreement. One mistake I made was posting on multiple forums at once. I can't see why your question to the mayor should have caused you to be banned. If you're pretty sure that's what it was, email MassLive and ask them why. Meanwhile, set up a new account with a new user name. Once, this DIDN'T work for me-- it was my IP that was banned. Good luck!

pvep-kristen said...

Hi, this is Kristen, Senior Producer at MassLive. I don't, nor do any of my colleagues here at MassLive.com, have anything to do with your account being banned.

I understand how frustrating it must be to lose your account status. For that you would be advised to contact interactivity management.

http://www.masslive.com/contactus/?interactivity_info.ssf

As for questions that I ask of the mayor - our mailforms have nothing at all to do with your community account, so that would not have caused a ban.

pvep-kristen said...

If you have questions for the mayor, you are urged to write them in to us at this form:

http://www.masslive.com/mailforms/springfield/